GL Import – Installation Instructions
In order to successfully implement G/L Import the following steps must be completed:
- In your Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central environment locate G/L Import on the menu. Click once, and choose for the option Import Mapping.
- Select +New
- A new screen will pop up, under the Code-row you need to select a blank cell and enter: Import; Under the Description-row you need to enter: Import GL entries
- Locate the drop-down menu labelled Navigate, and click on Columns.
- This allows for the following fields to be filled in:
- Colum No. = Fill in column number from Excel sheet, column number 1 is the first column starting on the left hand side.
- Field No. = Choose the field that you want to import
- Field name = Name of the field that has been chosen
- Field caption = Name caption of the field that has been chosen
- Validate field = Validates the imported value for the field in general journal
- Remove characters = Removes character in imported value when filled in
- Remove space = Removes space in imported value when ticked
- Shortcut dimension No. = When you choose a shortcut dimension 3 or higher you are required to fill this field with the shortcut dimension code number.
- See below for a visual example:
- In order to ensure a proper import process, please see the example below on how to fill in your Excel-sheet:
Save the Excel sheet as a CSV-file (CSV UTF-8)
- To test the dimension values, make sure the dimension values in the excel sheet are added in Dynamics 365 Business Central. First you must add dimension “TEST”:
- After you have added the Dimension, you need to add Dimension Values “Test1” for the first, “Test 2” for the second and “Test3” for the fifth dimension. In order to do this you must navigate to: Dimensions to Dimension Values and add the following values:
The first dimension:
The second dimension:
The fifth dimension:
- In the General Ledger Setup you must now add the TEST Dimension to Shortcut Dimension 5
- Navigate to the menu and select G/L Import to Import
- A screen will pop up, fill in the open fields as follows:
- File Name = Choose your Excel Sheet for Import.
- Import Code = Choose your import code that has been created during Step 3
- Journal Template Name = Pick your Business Central Journal
- Journal Batch Name = Choose your Business Central Batch
- After pressing OK you are prompted with the screen as seen below, pick Allow Always to ensure proper functionality.
- Open your Journal (ALGEMEEN) and Batch (GL IMPORT) to see the imported GL entries
- To conclude the process you must now Post the Journal.